- I really enjoyed Japanese!Hawkeye and Black Widow (I mean, she even has the red hair). Particularly, Japanese!Black Widow since Logan ends up adding her to his stable of lost young girls he's adopted as his daughters. Plus, she kicked ass.
- Anyone else shipping the hell out of Mariko and Yukio (aka Black Widow)? Like, sure, they were raised as siblings, but they were friends more than anything and when Yukio called Mariko while she and Logan were in Nagasaki? Love. And even after she makes out with Logan at the end, right after, Mariko and Yukio exchange a hug and this steamy eye-sex gaze that made my shipper heart all a flutter.
- Logan and Mariko on the other hand...YAWN.
- The most interesting thing of this was the use of Viper as a sub-villain. Like, I get that they (briefly) used Lady Deathstrike in the third (original) X-Men movie so couldn't really use her here. But a Captain America villain? Suffice to say, I'm going to be very disappointed when (if) she doesn't show up in The Winter Soldier. According to the wiki, she does work with the Silver Samurai and uses him to take over the Japanese underworld, but she's far more a Captain America villain than a Wolverine one (via Hydra). Anyway, it was cool. But I liked her (although I miss the black/green hair she has in the comics) and I hope they use her and the Hydra connection story in MCU sometime.
- Some of the special effects were SHIT. The animatronic bear? OY. However, I LOVED the effect of the snake skin on Viper.
- Viper generally was bad ass. The Louboutins at the funeral? UNF.
- I did think "bitch" was used a little much.
- Was anyone else closely watching the ninja scene, where they kidnap Mariko from her father? There was one moment where a ninja did like, a triple back flip for no fucking reason. Hilarious.
- I was a tad annoyed by the end regarding Logan's dreams about Jean...but perhaps it's just I'm too removed from the third X-Men movie. I like that they kept the continuity. But she's the Phoenix - we know she's not really dead.
Overall a good movie. I'm not as in love as XMFC or even the Iron Man movies, but it was fun and a nice way to get Logan back to the X-Men.
And the post-credits scene? LOVE. Charles is alive!! (And working with Magneto!) The instant the coins started rattling, I was basically having a geekgasm. I CANNOT WAIT until Days of Future Past next May. Post divorce/reunited feels, OMG.